Founded in 1947 by David R. ‘Beano’ Goodman, Madison Chemical has grown from a one-car garage to one of the leaders in the North American sanitation chemical industry. We have been focused on the food industry from day one, with an initial emphasis on the restaurant and dairy industries. By the late 1950’s we outgrew our original location and moved into a new purpose-built factory in 1959. With room to work and experiment, Madison Chemical entered the metal finishing industry in 1964 with our first pretreatment products.
The 1970’s and 1980’s saw Madison Chemical begin to evolve into the company that we are today. We made our first three acquisitions in the early 1970’s, bringing new products and expertise into the organization. The acquisitions encouraged us to double the size of our production facility and gave us our first international sales. Realizing continued sales growth, we also doubled the size of our support spaces and organized a focused, team-oriented support structure for our customers. This included additional researchers, industry-specific support personnel, and engineers to help with equipment design and implementation.
In the late 1990’s and 2000’s, we realized a long-held corporate goal and successfully expanded our sales from coast to coast. Madison Chemical refocused on its core customer base in the food industry. We expanded our service-oriented sales model, focusing on giving our customers the best possible service at the right price. Our continued focus on service led to additional sales growth, and we expanded our production space by an additional 50% to accommodate current and future growth, as well as establishing a nationwide network of supporting blenders and warehousing options.