This role is responsible for the promotion and sales of products to the markets served by developing relationships with new customers and strengthen ties with existing customers. This position requires extensive travel, enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to recognize and create sales opportunities.
Technical Sales Representative reports directly to the appointed Sales Manager.
- Contact new prospects and existing customers to discuss their needs and determine how these needs can be met by Madison Chemical through the generation of sales.
- Retain customer accounts by being proactive to their needs and communicating these needs to the MCC team.
- Provide answers to customers/prospects questions regarding product selection, pricing, delivery and payment terms.
- Develop leads by networking techniques, using business directories, management direction, internet research and other legitimate means possible to identify realistic prospects that lead to new sales.
- Share information with other Technical Sales Representatives and Management on effective selling strategies and news affecting the markets being sold in.
- Maintain customer/prospect records and ensure the information is updated and accurate.
- Perform service visits to customers and prepare written service reports.
- Use eChempax to enter notes, calendar events, update prospects, order placement and collection efforts.
- Attend sales meetings and company functions as scheduled.
- Participate in trade shows as directed.
- Collaborate with Management and other Technical Sales Representatives on corporate or strategic accounts, providing periodic or ongoing service/support, as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
Each employee has the organizational freedom and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels; verify the implementation of solutions; control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Each Technical Sales Representative will have at least a High School Diploma, or its equivalent, and relevant job-specific training, determined by the company.
Employees are encouraged to inquire about new responsibilities that will benefit the company and will allow him or her to grow professionally. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the company.