Promote and sell products to the markets served by developing relationships with new customers and strengthen ties with existing customers. This position requires extensive travel, enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to recognize and create sales opportunities. Technical Sales Representative reports directly to the Vice President of Operations.
- Contact new prospects and existing customers to discuss their needs and determine how these needs can be met by Madison Chemical through the generation of sales.
- Retain customer accounts by being proactive to their needs and communicating these needs to the MCC team.
- Provide answers to customers/prospects questions regarding product selection, pricing, delivery and payment terms.
- Develop leads by networking techniques, using business directories, management direction, internet research and other legitimate means possible to identify realistic prospects that lead to new sales.
- Share information with other Technical Sales Representatives and Management on effective selling strategies and news affecting the markets being sold in.
- Maintain customer/prospect records and ensure the information is updated and accurate.
- Perform service visits to customers and prepare written service reports.
- Provide weekly and monthly activity reports to management.
- Attend sales meetings and company functions as scheduled.
- Participate in trade shows as directed.
- Collaborate with Management and other Technical Sales Representatives on corporate or strategic accounts.
Each Technical Sales Representative will have at least a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and relevant job-specific training, determined by the Company.