Customer Service Specialist
Receive and process customer orders; prepare and verify shipping documents; invoice purchase orders; collection calls and resolve customer/staff problems. Customer Service Specialist reports directly to Customer Service Team Leader.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Resolve customer problems.
- Receive and process customer orders.
- Set up new customers.
- Record price quotes.
- Determine delivery schedules and routes.
- Prepare shipping documents
- Dispatch drivers.
- Verify driver logs, hours and expenses.
- Maintain records and prepare mileage reports.
- Prepare FedEx and UPS shipments/paperwork.
- Invoice customers.
- Verify and review deliveries made by our trucks, correlate paperwork and post returns and/or backorders.
- Post cash receipts.
- Contact customers, whose accounts are delinquent for payment and determine a mutually agreeable payment schedule.
- Assist customers with accounts receivable questions.
- Maintain records of MSDS requests and distribution.
- Month-end closing and reports.
- Distribute compliance paperwork as required.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
Each employee has the organizational freedom and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels; verify the implementation of solutions; control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Each Customer Service Specialist will have at least a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and relevant job specific training, determined by the Company.
Employees are encouraged to inquire about new responsibilities that will benefit the company and will allow him or her to grow professionally. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the company.