Receive instructions and perform all necessary steps for the blending, packaging, and loading of dry and liquid products to customers. Chemical Operator reports directly to the Production Team Leader.
- Receive material and distribute to designated areas for retrieval when needed.
- Receive batch ticket from supervisor.
- Scan batch ticket for mixing orders or special instructions.
- Gather and measure specified raw materials for blending and transfer to designated mixer utilizing forklifts.
- Mix batch per batch ticket instructions.
- Deliver sample to lab for Quality Control approval.
- Perform any special instructional adjustments assigned by Quality Control.
- Collect finished batch tickets from lab after all adjustments or special instructions are implemented.
- Transfer finished products into proper containers and label following batch ticket instructions.
- Move containers to appropriate holding areas (common carrier or company) using forklifts.
- Clean mixer with water and prepare mixer for next batch order.
- Clean up all spills following spill procedures.
- Perform all daily cleaning tasks per procedure.
- Follow all cleaning instructions from supervisor.
- Clean and repair totes following ISO procedure using forklifts.
- Secure load list from Production Office.
- Coordinate placement of drums into the designated trailer/van and lock off drums to prevent movement during shipment using forklifts. Loads are checked by two or more persons before delivery.
- Post appropriate hazard placards on exterior of trailer.
- Load product on common carriers with forklifts and offer appropriate placarding to driver.
- Tanker Truck Loading/Unloading.
- Incinerator, Maintenance
- Assist with inventory.
- Assist with waste water plant operation.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
Each employee has the organizational freedom and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels; verify the implementation of solutions; control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Each Chemical Operator will have at least a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and relevant job specific training, determined by the Company. Chemical Operators must be able to operate a forklift.
Employees are encouraged to inquire about new responsibilities that will benefit the company and will allow him or her to grow professionally. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the company.