This position performs bookkeeping, accounting, administrative duties and all other tasks deemed necessary to support the company in cooperation with other Accounting Department Staff.
Accounting Specialist reports directly to the Director of Accounting.
- General Accounting Department functions.
- Accounts Payable; Processing of check and ACH payments.
- Accounts Receivable; Focus on routine collection efforts and working with Accounting Team to post daily payments.
- General Ledger Maintenance and Journal Entries
- Accounting System reconciliations including: daily/monthly bank reconciliation
- Year-End/Month-End Reporting and Closings
- Product Pricing
- Monthly Sales Commission Calculation
- Cost Studies
- Sales and Use Tax maintenance and filings.
- Routine business reporting and renewals.
- Invoicing and invoice review.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
Each employee has the organizational freedom and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality or environmental system; initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels; verify the implementation of solutions; control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED
Accounting Specialist will have at least a bachelor’s degree and/or relevant job-specific training to be determined by the Company.
Employees are encouraged to inquire about new responsibilities that will benefit the company and will allow him or her to grow professionally. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the company.